At the moment Bible Society of Tanzania (BST) has eleven translation projects at different stages. On-going translations include:-
- Kikaguru Old Testament
- Kiha Old Testament
- Kihehe Old Testament
- Kirimi Old Testament
- Kinyiramba Old Testament
- Igikuria Old Testament.
In addition, the Bible Society of Tanzania published and launched a lot of portions from different on-going projects.
The translations that have been completed and there in typesetting and printed stage include:-
- Revision of Kisukuma Bible
- Kivunjo Bible
- Kidatooga Bible
- Kimochi Bible
- Kimashami Bible.
The Bible Society of Tanzania expect to start a new Bible translation project if funds are available. The new project will be:-
- Kinyamwezi Old Testament
- Kifipa Old Testament and revision of New Testament
- Kinyiha Old Testament
- Chasu Old Testament
In addition, the Bible Society is in conversation with Crossway (who are the ESV Bible copyright holders) seeking agreement to use their text to publish Swahili Union Version/ ESV diglot. Furthermore, Bible Society of Tanzania is interested in publishing the Ruhaya and Swahili Habari Njema diglot in case an interested partner is found. The development of inter-linear (Swahili/Greek) for Bible Schools and Theological Colleges is in progress at the Bible Society of Brazil.
- We completed Kihehe Bible and we are in the final stage to complete the work before sending to Korea for typesetting
- We completed Kikaguru Bible and we are in the final stage to complete the work before sending to Korea for typesetting work
- We have completed the Igikuria work, we are now in the final stages before sending to Korea for typesetting
- We are trying to complete the translation work of the Kiha, Kinyiramba and Kirimi, hopeful this year 2020 God willing.
- We are starting the new project Kinyamwezi and Chasu (April 2020), Kinyiha and Kifipa (October 2020.)
- Kisukuma Bible and it has Completed and waiting to launch May 2. 2020
- Kivunjo Bible and we are waiting the date for launching this year 2020
- Kidatooga and we are waiting the Bible to reach the warehouse from Korea
- Kimachame and it in the final stage of typesetting Korean Bible Society
- Kimochi and it is in the final stage of typesetting in the Korean Bible Society